As a responsible and responsive food company, MWBrands is committed to protecting the environment. This protection begins with the recognition that our products, packaging, manufacturing and distribution activities carry environmental impact and that these impacts can be measured and reduced as part of our continuous improvement processes.
We will achieve this reduction by communicating widely throughout the supply chain the environmental effects of our activities and by systematically evaluating and improving both our ways of working and those of our suppliers.
MWBrands is committed to:
- recognising legal compliance as the minimum standard for operating performance,
- maintaining effective environmental management systems. These will include a management programme to drive continual improvement in environmental performance,
- preventing pollution and minimising waste in all its forms by the efficient use of energy, raw materials, water and packaging,
- ensuring employee participation in making environmental improvement by raising staff awareness and by providing technical training where appropriate,
- understanding the environmental impacts of supply chain and in partnership with suppliers and contractors, identifying and reducing environmental impacts.
MWBrands is determined to meet the statutory requirements for environmental performance.
Every MWBrands company is required to conduct its operations with a proper concern for the environment. ISO14000 certification is set up by independent audits in main manufacturing plants to check their compliance with environmental legislation and concern.
The Group's Executive Committee reviews environmental issues every year and has authorised significant investments to improve environmental performance.
MWBrands is working to meet the compliance requirements of any new legislation.
This section includes our Group-wide environmental policy statement and summarises what we are doing to continue improving our environmental record.
All MWBrands sites are individually charged with carrying out their operations in the most energy-efficient way, including reviewing fuel consumption and comparing potential cost savings and environmental benefits by optimising use of fossil resources where this is practicable.
MWBrands, through its subsidiary companies, is committed to conducting its operations with proper concern for the environment.
That statement means that the MWBrands Board recognises that both the Group's corporate performance and its value to its stakeholders are increasingly affected by environmental factors. It therefore requires and encourages its constituent companies to demonstrate a positive attitude to environmental concerns.
Specifically it requires them to go for ISO 14001 certification which means:
- make a commitment to environmental responsibility,
- assess and monitor the impact of their operations upon the environment,
- comply with all current environmental legislation,
- establish procedures leading to steady improvement in environmental performance,
- report compliance and progress to the MWBrands Board.
Water Quality and Waste and Effluent Disposal
- Control of water quality, waste and effluent disposal are systematically monitored.
- Each year environmental audit is carried out at all MWBrands sites to ensure compliance with all corresponding legislation.